To protect the safety of all users of the Lake & Shore Community Recreation Centre and to retain the Centre as a well maintained public facility, all users, visitors, volunteers and employees are required to adhere to the following Conditions of Use.
- All persons are required to sign-in at the Front Desk when entering the Centre and to sign-out when leaving the Centre.
- Vehicles must be parked in the designated parking area and away from fire and bus lanes.
- Food and drink are allowed in designated areas only, which are indicated with signage.
- Equipment is to be used as intended and in a manner which does not pose any danger to other users.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Disorderly behavior of any kind, including excessive noise, running in corridors or otherwise causing a disruption to the peace and order of the Centre is prohibited.
- Vandalizing or defacing materials or property of the Centre is prohibited.
- Harassment of Centre participants, volunteers, users or staff, either verbally or physically is prohibited. This may include verbal abuse, use of profanity or other abusive language, intimidation, staring at or following another person within the facility, sexual harassment or harassment on the account of race, religion, ethnic background, gender or sexual orientation.
- Indecent exposure, voyeurism, exhibitionism, or other lewd and lascivious acts are prohibited.
- Posting or distributing unauthorized material or literature is prohibited. Approval must be obtained in advance from Centre staff and materials must be posted on designated notice boards or areas.
- With the exception of authorized vendors and agents, selling products or services, soliciting for personal gain or approaching guests for the purpose of obtaining signatures for petitions, within the Centre is prohibited.
- Using a mobile communications device, audio equipment, audio-visual equipment or computer equipment in a manner that disturbs others is prohibited.
- Smoking or use of tobacco products are not permitted in the Centre or on its grounds.
- Possession or consumption of illegal drugs or being under the influence of illegal drugs is not permitted in the Centre or on its grounds.
- Conduct of any prohibited behaviour as noted above may result in ejection from the Centre and possibly temporary or permanent disbarment from the Centre, its programs and its grounds.