Mission:Building a healthy, happy community through recreational,
cultural, sport and social activities.
Inclusion Summer Camp Instructor.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Evaluate the leisure and recreation needs of the child/youth with a
disability and the assistance they require in order to participate in community
leisure and recreation opportunities.
· Provide assistance to children with disabilities, while they pursue
their leisure and recreation interests, including assisting with all aspects of
the participant’s personal care (washroom, feeding, dressing) if required).
· Encourage relationship building by facilitating the inclusion of the
participant with their non-disabled peers.
· . Utilize a collaborative approach towards inclusion by consulting with
appropriate parties (the family, the program leaders and staff).
· Facilitate positive social interaction and relationship building of
participant and fellow program campers.
· Employment Contract: June 27 – August 31st, 2018
· Candidates MUST be available to work all weeks.
· Candidates MUST meet the Canada Summer Jobs Grant eligibility: Youth
aged 15-30 years who are full-time students (min 3 courses) intending to return
to their studies in the next school year.
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Preference given to
applicants with medical training, enrolled in nursing or related medical
· Experience and/or knowledge supporting children, particularly those with
· Excellent problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Versatility to work
independently but also as an interactive team member.
- Experience supporting
children with Autism is a strong
- Experience encouraging
children in positive social interaction
Wage & How to
Salary: $11.50 /hour
based on 35 hour work week.
To apply send resume
to Sherisse Dawson email@example.com
Only candidates that
are qualified will be contacted.